Monday, July 18, 2016

Pretty in Pink



Last week, Natalie and I packed a picnic basket, put on pink outfits, and hopped on the ferry to Governor's Island. The pinknic is a giant picnic and music festival that celebrates rosé. The day consisted of drinking, boy-watching, tanning and instagramming, which just so happens to be a combination of a few of my favorite things.

Hour 1: Natalie is drunk
Within minutes of arriving at the event, Natalie was two glasses deep and feeling it. I think it was a combination of the rosé and sun, but regardless, this was the first time I have seen her like this since the time she made out with a cardboard cut-out of Nicholas Cage at a senior night.

                    


Hour 1: Taking in the view
The waiters at this event ranged from a rugged nature-valley granola bar type to an ex-frat man turned young dad. It was hard to buy a bottle of wine and not tip more than 15 % (as well as want to pounce over the bar to embrace them). Whoever planned this event really knew my weaknesses: Men and Wine. Here is a little sample of the men that made me feel tickled pink at the event:

                                            

Hour 2: Get in my belly
Natalie works at Birchbox during the week and she moonlights as my second mother on the weekends. She packed us lunch kinda like a PTA mom that is chaperoning a field trip, the only problem was that she forgot to bring a leash to keep me from running to the bar (for wine and to spend time with my future husbands).



Hour 2: Pour it up

                                 



Hour 3: Nap Time
At this point in the day, the only thing I wanted to do was snuggle with Natalie on one side and my personal bottle of rosé on the other. Just a baby boy with his two loves in the world. 

 

 Tell him, boy, bye
Instead of crawling back to the dock to catch the ferry, Natalie and I decided to rent a personal pink chariot to bring us around the island. I felt like I was Cinderella riding off after the ball, hoping that my prince (Craig the bartender) would come looking for me. Good thing I left behind my business card, phone number and home address conveniently in his tip jar.





    

 

Overall, I would recommend this event if you have an abundance of money to spend. Otherwise, just come on over to my house in the Bronx and we can wear pink outfits, drink a $14 box of Franzia and have my roommate George act as our waiter. Basically the same event, just cheaper!

George, the roomie
If you want to see what Natalie thought about the event, click here to see her blog! Check back soon to read about the next thing we cross off our bucket list. Cheers!

Sincerely,
Stephen



No comments:

Post a Comment